Friday, August 12, 2005

The Usual

Have you ever had one of those days, one of those days when you wish you had never gotten out of bed? Today was one of those days for me.

I replaced the ink cartriges in my Epson C84 this morning, and it apparently chose that exact moment to die. After spending several hours fiddling with it, to make sure it was actually dead, I finally succomed to the inevivatble and went and bought a new printer, an Epson C86. I admit I had the other printer almost three years, but why it couldn't give me seven more is beyond me!

I do have several other printers in the house, a laser printer that prints only B&W and an HP, whose ink is not waterproof - read smudge proof. On a good note the ink cartriges from the old printer are usable in the new printer. Oh and I get a rebate on top of it all, which does make me very happy.

I'm off an making postcards again, I decided I needed to sit and stitch tonight, lest I lose what's left of my sanity. I've decided that the piece I made tonight needs some hand stitching to further accenutate the surface of the piece. Another words I think it's boring and flat.

If I had been outside about 20 minutes earlier this morning I would have been able to get a stunning photo of the mist that was hanging in the air. As it is I woke up late, at 6:30 instead of ten to six, and took the picture rather late.

No comments: