Thursday, December 22, 2005


Here's a very old angel ornament that I brought home from my mothers. It is made of pipe cleaners, a felted head, and what looks to be panty hose material and wire. It looks as if it's all hand made. I'm sure my mother bought it at a craft bazzaar in the 70's. Does anyone know how to make them? We also had waxed star ornaments, oragami that my dad made in Sunday School as a kid, my aunt has told me about how them made them. They had sparkles on them as well. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lauren Fureymoore said...

Oh my gosh! We have two of these---they are attached to the top of our nativity set that we had when I was little (I'm 43 now). Yes, they are from the early 60's. I'm clueless as to how they're made though.
Lauren in VA (QA List)

Eanna Skye said...

http://herb-king.com

for Chinese herbs.

Liz said...

My Nan had something like this but it was on a plinth or pedestal or something and you turned a key and it played ... Silent Night I think it was.

modulus fiber supplier said...

This one really looks cute. We did a school project like this one (back on my elementary days), we used panty hose, wire (you are correct) yarn, and old cloth for the body. Sprinkle with glitters and, Voila!