Friday, April 06, 2007

What's Up?

I updated some links on the right side bar, I added a spot for Newfoundland. My mom was from Cape St. George, NFLD, my dad met her at teh NCO club in Stephenville in 1964, pretty wild huh! He has some pics that I'll get scanned in someday they are really wild, the clothes they wore back then were something else.

The studio and store are coming right along, hopefully I'll be up and running next week. I know I swore off retail but with hubbies health issues and the like we decided that it'd be best to do it anyway. The potential for employees to help me is much higher now as I have a place for them to actually work. John will retire or be forced (which is most likely) in less than three years and his retirement is enough to pay the insurance only - that's if our politicians don't get their way and take IPERS and spend it on some idiotic program - which they are wanting to do and in a really bad way. If that happens then all Iowa public employees are screwed, not just us. I'll try to post pictures when the everything looks nice, and there's no scaffolding in the middle of my space.

Oh and there's this really charismatic church in the basement below my store/studio and Woooohooo are they ever a happy bunch!

No comments: