Friday, February 08, 2008
Ok this a bit of what I've been working on since January of this year. The first piece, bottom image, has been an ongoing piece for about 12 years now,it's a batick sample from a dye class I took in 1995.
The second piece I made as a sample for Extreme Embroidery I that I taught in January, at The Prairie Fibers Company. The edges need finishing, and maybe even some beads wrapped around the edges, who knows. I thought it'd be more constructive to teach the class this semester, using monochromatic palette. Over all this approach it was a major hit with students. We started by painting our fabrics, I used Starr Fabrics in this sample, then beaded and stitched for a final piece. Most of the students made pieces that looked very "aquatic" in nature.