Saturday, April 27, 2013

Raised Vegetable Beds 042713 Part 2


Round two of off loading the amended topsoil.

 
Almost ready for the compost!


This raised bed holds a full two yards of soil. 


"I bettter get some pesto this year..."  I'm betting dollars to doughnuts that's what's going through his mind when I took this photo!


My babies!!!  All grown locally in a local greenhouse, and here I said I wasn't going to have a large garden this year... well this time we're gardening smarter by laying down cardboard and then mulching those areas heavily.


Filled and already sporting some plants.


So far two plantings of chives, one dill plant, two peppermint (with the dark purplish black stems) three jalepeno's and three purple cabagges in this bed.  The soil temperature is around 60 degrees.

All three beds need new bird netting, to be added this week, and will be painted a lovely color called Copper Pot, looks just like terra cotta. 

No comments: