Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Early Christmas Present


For the past few years I've been searching for the teapot that goes with my mother's china set, I found it at GoodWill this afternoon.  The only down side was I had to buy the entire set of china to get the teapot!  So I now have 13 extra place settings and a second gravy boat and a second butter dish.


Top of the tea pot, this set was in very nice condition!


The three pieces I was really wanting!


My dad purchased this set in 1966 when he worked part time at the Texaco station in Minot, North Dakota.  He was station at the Air Force Base there and mom really wanted this set of china, it was sold as a premium.  He has some interesting stories about riding his BMW motorcycle to work in the snow that year.

2 comments:

Valerie Kamikubo said...

It's a thing of beauty! I love the shape.

k baxter packwood said...

Thank you! My mom had several sets of china, this one was my favorite.