Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Still Life Number 1 for Fall 2014


First still life for the Fall season, actually I really can't wait for the colorful leaves and the pumpkins!


Buckeye sketch attempt no. 1 (three minute sketch).

If your thinking you can't draw, don't worry about it I can't draw either, lol, that said well I used to be able to draw but without practice the brain and muscles tend to forget.


So I will spend the next couple of days doing quick sketches and color studies of these buckeyes and the rest of the nommies in this mini still life.  I will spend time studying and drawing their curves, etc., another words I will get to know them.


I started with a quick sketch, and then photographed the different sides of this particular buckeye.


Another view, here you can see how the color and the pattern, yes there's a burl like pattern on this particular buckeye, vary.


The spot that on the shell that makes a buckeye recognizable as a buckeye.

No comments: