Sunday, May 22, 2005

The Stash, Dyeing and Teaching.

It pays to look through ones stash once in awhile. I found some rather yummy yarns to work with, I should have taken pics of them as well.

Right now I'm on a knitted felted handbag kick, I'm making one for myself and one for my aunt, who shares my affliction for cute handbags. I told her tonight that the reason I like them so much is that they are easier to wear than jewelry sometimes. Don't get me wrong I have jewelry, and actually wear it, but there are times when I'm not in the mood, when a really nice handbag is all I need.

Anyway I've been doodling with some new ideas, for me anway, I've been stuffing ribbon with yarns, now I will dye them and do other wild things to them. Right after I get all of my office work done of course, there's a pic of some white ribbon with purple yarn strung through it. I used a big blunt needle to pull the yarn through, mind you this really requires patience, which I seem to be short on tonight.

This week promises to be really busy as I am having our annual Surface Design Sale on my webstore, http://www.prairiefibers.com I still have tons of items I need to upload to the store, that I bought in Kansas City at the International Quilt Market. And more will be coming this week.

I also started dyeing fabrics again today, mainly silk cocoons, which I have lots to say about, but I will be teaching in less than two weeks and need to get my act together and quickly. That means lots of samples, dye baths that are ready to go, etc... Oh and did I mention we are vending as well? This is the Iowa Wool Festival, if I find the link I'll post it later.

No comments: