Friday, July 22, 2005

Composting Fabric

This piece has been in the back yard for about 4 weeks now. It started out in the brazilwood bath but I had to toss the dyebath out because it was pretty rank. That and I needed my dyepot back! So it's just been sitting there, the green is a nice contrast to the dirty red color. The fabrics are a combination of cotton and nylons, and I think there might be some alpaca in the mix, the alpaca was in the bottom of the dye pot.

I have way too much stuff to do today, and all I want to do is take a nap. I slept much better last night, one hubby was home, he spent the night in the sleep lab at the hospital the night before, and two we didn't have a major thunderstorm. It rained so hard yesterday morning, ala 4:05 a.m. is when I woke up, that the house was shaking.

Rumor has it that global warming is on the rise due the large number of middle aged women moving to Greenland ;-0 Sounds pretty good to me right now, either we are in a heatwave or someone failed to turn my hot flash o-meter off! I"m a winter person, give me winter or give me winter!

No comments: