Thursday, July 07, 2005

Today

Today is one of those days, and if you were expecting anything out of me today... its not gonna happen. If your a female you'll understand and I need not say more, sorry guys but this is one thing you get to miss out on in life and be glad you do.

So since my brain ceased functioning at about seven this morning I decided not to fight it anymore and just become the human vegetable I really am today.

This afternoon I got a big burst of creativity, the technical usually goes out the door when I'm a vegeatable and creativeness comes to reside in it's place. I got a wild hair to work on a new piece and it's coming along jolly fine, if I really like it I may even sell the little bugger. I'm still in my rock phase so it's looking a bit like a rock face. See in progress pics, somewhere on my blog.

I used a piece of hand dyed silk velvet, the fabric was dyed using natural dyes, all of my own creations I might add. The threads are a combo of hand dyed threads from Weeks Dyeworks and Aurifil Wool threadds. The fabric is for sale on my webstore, see link on the sidebar. I really should get the rest of the colors posted onto my webstore!

I had to put the velvet onto a piece of aquabond, it's too squirrely to slap onto a piece of fabric and just stitch away. The aquabond gives the fabric a stiffer hand, but washes out nicely. I'm using a plain piece of black cotton backing fabric as my base, not quilt batting. I had a piece in there but decided it was too thick.

I may spin up a tad bit of that goregeous wool silk noil I have and couch it to the surface, if I can get furball off my wool stash!

No comments: