Sunday, July 10, 2005

Posies Post Card

I made this post card for Virgina Spiegels Cancer auction. The cards are $30.00 each and the auction is open through the 25th of July.

http://www.virginiaspiegel.com/NewFiles/ACSFundraiser.html

She is still accepting post cards from artists if anyone is interested.

The post card I made, 4 x 6 inches, consists of compost dyed and hand dyed (with natural dyes) fabrics. The flowers are silk cocoons I cut and manipulated to look like flowers. It is machine stitched entirely of hand dyed threads from Weeks Dyeworks, which I sell on my webstore, see link in the sidebar to the right. I will iron a false back onto the card so it can be mailed to its new owner. The card has a timtex core.

I am pumped at how easy it was to make the card, I'm planning on making more and offering them for sale on my webstore/art website. My husband liked the card, which, btw, really feels good. I made the card in about an hour, while I was talking to my dad on the phone which may explain it's irregular shape. Oh well I had fun and that's all that counts.

No comments: